Tuesday, August 05, 2008

BC Day in Comox

I spent the Sunday morning of the BC Day long weekend as the guest speaker at the community church service at Nautical Days in Comox, BC. What a tremendous blessing. I was so blessed to be there! The entire morning was fantastic and I was so honored to share the vision of Leading Influence Ministries with the Church in Comox.

I was particularly thrilled to meet a city councillor from Courtenay as well as the MP for the area. Both communities are blessed to have such quality leaders who give of themselves to serve politically. While I was there I was told that Comox actually means 'land of plenty' and that the First Nations People who were there believed that the Comox Glacier was a symbol of a giant whale. They certainly were right about the land of plenty. What a beautiful place. During worship we sang 'Blessed Be Your Name In the Land That is Plentiful'. I couldn't help but feel that we were in that place.

This is a full and busy month for me. I am speaking every Sunday this month which is a bit of a change. I'm delighted to have a full schedule and look forward to seeing how the Lord will work and what He will do over the coming month.

No comments: