Thursday, August 05, 2010

Mid-Summer Update

Hi Everyone. Don't tell your kids, but in less than a month, school starts! Here's a mid-summer update for you.  With the Legislature not in session, things are much quieter than they were a year ago.  Most members are happy for the break which gives them the opportunity to focus on constituency business at a less stressful pace.  This presents a unique opportunity for us as well to connect and engage in a more relaxed environment.  Last week I stopped in to visit a member in his office on my way home from a funeral. I was on my motorcycle.  I discovered that he rides as well so we've set up an evening ride in a few weeks.  I'll post pictures after we are done.  These are the kinds of things that happen through the summer.  Things are more spontaneous and relaxed.  This results in greater openness to strengthen relationships with leads to conversations about the things that matter most. 

We just sent out our summer newsletter.  If you haven't received a copy, please contact our office and we will get one in the mail to you.  We'd love to send one to you.

I'm on vacation for a few weeks and we are all looking forward to the rest.  Have a great summer!

No comments: