Thursday, September 15, 2016

Expectation ....

‘I’m full of expectation, but I have NO IDEA what I’m expecting…’ 

It’s a funny thing to say, and yet it’s what I keep hearing myself saying over and over. 

For those who aren’t aware, I’m walking through a season of change and transition.  Last fall our board released me to take on the challenge of launching Leading Influence in Ontario. It has been an exciting and stretching season.  I am experiencing again what it means to wait, rest and trust while God is doing more than I think He is behind the scenes. 

After taking some time to prepare at home over the summer, discovering that God had arranged a wonderful suite in Toronto and had provided some seed money to get us started, Barb kissed me goodbye at the airport early last Wednesday morning.  I won’t be back for 3 weeks.  On day 1 of my 2nd week, I can say that I continue to be surprised at what God does and how He does it!

This has been an exciting and stretching season.  I am experiencing again what it means to wait, rest and trust while God is doing more than I think He is behind the scenes.  Trusting is an intentional discipline.  The temptation to involve myself in what is God's business is enormous.

I’ve been pondering these words out of Is. 43:18 for the past several months….

“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

It seems to me that our start in BC almost 10 years ago was ONE WAY that God chose to establish what He had called me to do.  I have the distinct impression that He has a different plan this time.  While I’m much more wired to having firm goals and plans, I also know that this is a faith journey and that God reserves the right to surprise me and exceed my expectations.  I understand that my primary responsibility at this time is to expect that at any given moment God may exceed anything that I have dared to ask, think or imagine and to be in the place where I can follow His plan. 

While I am waiting for Him to do HIS part, I must be doing mine. 

Details about Day 1 to follow!  You won’t want to miss the story….




No comments: