Monday, March 04, 2019

Welcome to The Biggest Week of My Year!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup and outdoor
Scott and Karen Hagan
I have been looking forward to this week for months!  I'm thrilled to have my friend Scott and his wife Karen with us for a few days.  Scott is the President of North Central University.  We've known each other for 30 years and he has been a leading influence in my life.  They live in Minneapolis so I'm hoping they can enjoy a bit of balmy Victoria weather while they are here.

Scott is speaking at our Leaders Dinner tonight and again tomorrow morning at our 13th Annual Prayer Breakfast.  The Breakfast has been growing in leaps and bounds over the past few years and this year, we've received over 40 confirmations from Members!  This is our largest response ever and I am SO thankful I'm no longer responsible to manage seating assignments!  The Prayer Breakfast generates tremendous goodwill and open doors for us at a ministry level.  Members appreciate that so many people come just to encourage them and pray for them. I love that we get to bridge the gap between the Church and Politicians in this way!

Watch for pictures on our social media streams (Leading Influence and PrayBC on FB/LinkedIn and @timschindel on Twitter).  We'll post them here as well!

On Thursday, I'm speaking to a group of church leaders in Victoria about our upcoming 'PrayCanada' election prayer campaign.  Our vision is to mobilize 100,000 Canadians/day to pray during the upcoming federal campaign that God would use this election to accomplish His plans and purposes for Canada.

In other news, we've been going through a branding process as we prepare for a new website.  We are still a few weeks away from the new site going live, but I'm excited about the new look and feel and I think you'll like it too.  One of the really big changes is that we are consolidating all of our prayer networks into our main site.  Everything will remain the same in terms of purpose and delivery, but they are going to look much, much prettier than they do right now! 

One final thing before I go.  Take a minute to order Scott's newest book. It's packed with leadership insights like this:

'Your three most important resume builders: Failure. Fortitude and Friends'

Have a fantastic week!  I know I'm going to!

No comments: