As hard as it is for me to believe, I arrived at age 44 today. There's great excitement in our house over this auspicious event, but I'm content to pretend it isn't happening. Here are some "mid-40" thoughts....
1. I used to think people who were 44 were old and should be called "Mister".
2. When my father was 44, I was in my 3rd year of college. My oldest is 13 and in gr. 8.
3. I tried on my birthday gift today and it was "snugger" than I would prefer. Barb said, "it's just a smaller cut honey..." I think it's just a sign of the times!
4. If you keep swimming when you jump off the bridge, you don't drown! Between God's faithfulness and your willingness, bobbing to the top is easier than you might think.
5. Listening is more comfortable than it used to be. I've actually had people on the phone ask me if I'm still there...
6. Respect comes easier if you keep your head down and your mouth shut...
7. Living "Like you were dying" is more fun than "living as though you were dead."
8. Friends matter more because of what you've been through together.
9. I am more in love with Barb than ever before. I am SO BLESSED!
10. I am not perfect! It's been a shock to come to this revelation, but true nonetheless.
11. Brittany can be right and I can be wrong.... (That hurts to admit, but it periodically happens!)
12. God is ALWAYS faithful!! This has been a stretching and challenging year, but one that I will hold as a trophy of God's grace and goodness to me!