Thursday, July 02, 2009

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day!


I know it's belated and it's not as though I had forgotten, but I wasn't sure what I would write today until the fireworks show at the Inner Harbour last night.  We enjoyed an amazing Canada Day.  We used the day to complete some house projects and then enjoyed a wonderful Canada Day dinner party with friends from Africa and Austrailia.  It was absolutely incredible.  After dinner we went downtown to watch the fireworks with our new friends from Austrailia. 

Fireworks are always impressive and last night was no exception.  Just as the fireworks were ending the crowd began to sing 'O Canada'.  I've never watched the fireworks from that particular spot, so maybe it happens every year, but just to hear people sing our anthem without anyone telling them to do it was tremendously inspiring. 

As we sang it together, I just couldn't help but feel a tremendous sense of pride in being a Canadian.  We live in an incredible nation.  We are a diverse and magnificent people with a strong spirit and quiet confidence.  We are the the True North, Strong and Free. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Canada Day!