Monday, May 09, 2011

LIM Announces Board and Staff Changes

I'll never forget our first board meeting for Leading Influence Ministries.  I sat in my 'office' formerly known as 'the closet' and chaired a teleconference meeting.  Six of us were scattered from Kamloops to Victoria and we spent our time talking and planning about how we could make the vision of ministry to MLA's become a reality.  In those days, LIM was little more than a fuzzy vision.

I am very grateful to the people who stood with me as we began the journey towards establishing a viable and credible ministry to elected officials.  Donna Pechie and Dave Hauser were two of our original members.  I have very mixed emotions as I announce their resignation from the board of LIM.  I have known and enjoyed longterm friendships with each of them.  They have been tremendously committed to establishing LIM and I am very grateful.  Apart from me, they are the last two remaining members from our original team.  If we ever do a 'Hall of Fame', their pictures will be on the wall. Beverlee Caron has stepped away from the board as well.  I also want to thank Beverlee for her sacrifice of time, energy and faithful service to the ministry.

Change can be unsettling, but it also provides an opportunity for growth and expansion.  I'm pleased to announce that our board has appointed Janice Grunert from Kamloops, Dick Knight from Victoria and Dan Smith from Vancouver to join our team.  They will be joining Paul Vermes (Victoria) Dr. Len Demarchi (Kamloops) and Dan Cousins (Nanaimo).  

I'm also very pleased to announce that Dick Knight and his wife Jacki will also be taking on the role of Prayer Coordinators for LIM and providing leadership to PrayBC.

Finally, I'd like to introduce Cathy Hallam.  Cathy has joined our team as ministry coordinator. She is serving in a short term volunteer role at the moment, but we are working hard to raise the support necessary to compensate her appropriately.  She has been an enormous blessing already and I'm confident that will only increase as we move forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a joy to see this ministry expanding and moving into the next phase of growth and effectiveness.

You had a great team of forerunners . Sounds like a smooth transition to the next runners in this race. The baton has been passed successfully.

Many blessings for a continued successful ministry Susan U

Danica said...

Oh, Janice. I've heard good things about that woman.