Friday, June 22, 2012

Distractions...

I've become a bit of a blogging sluggard. There... I said it....  It's not that I don't want to write, I really enjoy writing.  It's more that I have been distracted by a mountain of other things. In the time that it's taken me to write this post, I've checked Facebook 5 times, answered 4 emails, sent 3 text messages and had 2 conversations….)  I'm probably ADD but that's really no excuse at my point in life.

I'm convinced that distraction makes us needlessly busy and that 'busyness' results in fatigue. It’s the kind of fatigue that saps you emotionally, physically and spiritually. Ultimately, distraction keeps you from fulfilling your God given destiny. 

The key to overcoming distraction is to stay focused on your goals.  My life is evidence that this is much easier said than done.  However, it can be done and if we have any hope of changing the world around us in a meaningful way, it must be done.

The Bible addresses our propensity for distraction multiple times. Hebrews 12 reminds me to ‘fix my eyes on Jesus’ and to run with diligence (or perseverance) the race that is set before me. Stay focused.  Keep running!  Finish well!

Talk to you next week!

No comments: