Thursday, October 13, 2016

Big Changes in BC! Welcome Jason and Christine Goertzen

Serving with Leading Influence at the BC Legislature is always exciting but with an election scheduled for May 2017 things are really ramping up.  For BC’s politicians the door knocking, pre-election announcements and social media messaging is already in full throttle.  Whether or not there will be a change in BC’s government is yet to be determined. 

Where change is certain is in my life and ministry.   After 22 years of pastoral ministry, including the last 13 in Victoria, I have felt the Lord inviting me to take a “take a leap of faith”.  To step off the banks of the known and the familiar and to fully embrace the opportunity to serve those who serve us. 

Starting January 1st 2017 I will be joining Leading Influence on a full time basis and leaving pastoral ministry.  Speaking candidly, this has been a tremendous wrestle for me over the past 6 months.  I thought I was going to remain a local church pastor my entire life.  “I just turned 50!” I reasoned with God. “Are you really calling me to this?” “How will I support my family?”  The Lord reminded me of the ministry call I responded to when was I was 18 years old.  How with my hands lifted high I dedicated my life to serving him.  He promised me, “If you give your life to MY calling for you, I’ll always take care of you and your family.”  All these years later I can testify God has kept that promise! 




   

No comments: