Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Celebrating The Vision

I love the look that comes when people "get it" when I tell them about where God is taking me. It energizes me, inspires me and lifts me out of the doldrums that happen when I speak with people who don't "get it". It's interesting to see how it works. There's an "aha" look that comes when they see what God has put in my heart and how the fruit of that can literally change our nation.

My pastor says it best. We've spent millions of dollars working in the back alleys of our cities and towns at the expense of ministering to the leaders of our nation. I celebrate those who support the poor, the widow and the orphan and give to a ministry that does that in my city. I honour those who work in that world because it's a place that I know is difficult and challenging.

At the same time our leaders need a ministry directed to their needs and culture. Everything flows from the top down and unless our leaders are encouraged and supported to govern with righteousness and integrity, our nation cannot realize the fullness of the destiny that God has established for us. Righteousness exalts a nation and without it our future is bleak.

A friend asked me a good question today. "What exactly are you going to be doing Tim?" Here's the picture as I see it. Fundamentally it's all about building relationships so that at the right time, the right seeds can be sown that will make a difference in the big picture. Coming back to the examples of Nehemiah, Esther, Daniel, Joseph and others, presence and timing were everything. The same is true with this. By building relationships and networks, the possibilities and opportunities to influence those who shape policies and make the key decisions in our nation are endless.

My friend and I spent a lot of time talking about things today and I think he "gets" it. I hope you do too!

Have a good one!

No comments: