Monday, April 09, 2007

"LARGE... and IN CHARGE"

We spent Easter in Victoria and visited our former church. (that will also be our home church after we move there this summer.) It was fantastic to see many old friends and some new ones over the weekend. One of the purposes for our trip was to go house-hunting and once again real estate prices in Victoria loom as a large mountain for me. (I'd say us, but Barb has handled this much better than I have...)

The temptation for me is to give into the questions of "how can we make this work?", which lead to anxiety, which leads to stress, which leads to fear and ranting. (Sometimes ranting and fear, but you get the general idea.) All of this in spite of the promises that we have been given and the many confirmations of God's hand in and on this ministry. A friend shared this with me a few years ago, but it bears repeating, if for no other reason than I need to hear it, speak it and process it again. My friend's advice came in the form of a definition for fear. FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. Now I have to confess that I've preached that before, used it before and thought I understood it, but the reality is that I have never stared at a mountain that has been quite this big and intimidating before. This is no longer something far off in the distance. This is only months away and requires a miracle. And so I am faced with a choice. I can either go back to living small, believing small and receiving small, or I can put it all on the line and go for it because there's nothing as exhilarating as walking on water.

Here's what I know to be true:
1. He will provide a home for us.
2. He will provide resources for us.
3. He is NOT STRESSED about any of this and already has the key to our house in His hand.

Therefore - though Real Estate prices in Victoria may soar and spike, I will not fear for the Lord my God is my SHELTER and PROVIDER. THIS MOUNTAIN SHALL BE MOVED BY FAITH THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED.

There - I feel better!! Hope this encourages you too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that washroom story is one of the best ones I have heard in a while. lol.