Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Home Again

We arrived home late on Saturday night from our nearly 3 week vacation. It was a bit strange veering west at Olympia towards Port Angeles rather than heading north towards Kamloops, but I guess that's a bit understandable after 13 years. After taking a few days to clear out the cobwebs from the long drive home, I'm looking forward to tomorrow as the ministry will become a "full time" focus at that point. In reality it's been a full time focus for a long time, it's just that I'll begin to draw a modest salary starting on the 1st that will allow me to focus exclusively on the ministry rather than on 2 or 3 other things to keep body and soul together. We've got a long way to go until it's a liveable salary, but it's a start and gives us the opportunity to work exclusively on growing the ministry.

I've learned a lot about "faith declarations" over the past year. It's interesting how our words determine our future. I distinctly remember saying I wanted "x" dollars in the ministry account before I would begin to draw a salary. It's extremely interesting that we have exactly "X" amount of dollars in our account. I wish I had chosen a higher number, but our next goal is to be fully funded by October 1st. That leaves a significant amount of ground to cover, but we will get there by God's help and strength.

Our friends Sandro and Cindy (and their "brady bunch") are visiting us for a few days. We are so glad to have them here. We've known Sandro for a long time but only met Cindy a year ago. She's fantastic and we feel like we've known her forever. The kids are watching vacation video which is sort of like vacation slides only faster.

Finally, I should say that I've joined facebook which explains my lack of posting. I'll try and do better on here because it's important to keep this fresh and relevant. However, if you are on facebook, feel free to contact me there too.

Have a good one!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad, Saying you have a facebook on your blog is just as bad as sending out an email!!! So HA i knew you were addicted!! But whatever... Theres no Chance that you will have more friends then me, Im just more popular. Its ok you will get over being jealous...

Anonymous said...

Sigh... Brittany... soon you will be eating my dust...

Anonymous said...

now now children ... Blaine