Monday, October 15, 2007

And so it begins...

The BC Legislature resumes today after a summer recess. Today will be an historic day as a First Nations Chief will address the House on the occasion of her band signing a land settlement agreement. I'm looking forward to hearing her. I'm also looking forward to reconnecting with MLA's and to being a source of hope, encouragement and blessing to them.

It's been a busy few weeks and things will only become more hectic now that the House is in session, but I've been praying and waiting for this day for a long time. Many of you have shared in the praying and waiting and today our faith becomes sight. There many more steps on the way as we move forward towards fulfilling this call, but I'm learning to savour the moments as God gives them and move forward as He leads. (It's much easier than constantly running into walls...)

Barb and I are ministering at a banquet function tonight. I'm excited about sharing the story of how God brought us into a new role and field of ministry. It will also be good to share the evening with her. Please pray for us. I'll post an update in a few days.

No comments: