That would be the sound of time flying. The past two weeks have been a blur of travel, track meets, choir concerts, soccer games, mornings and afternoons at the Legislature, meetings and .... well, I'm actually too tired to remember at the moment.
Here are some highlights:
1. Zack is playing soccer on the school team. He's having a great time making new friends. His team is doing very well with 3 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie. The tie was nearly a win yesterday as they lost on the last play of the game. It was a beautiful goal in the top right hand corner. The ball actually hit the cross bar and bounced straight down and into the goal.
2. Tyler is on the cross country team at his school. Most races are about 1.2 to 1.4 kms. He's done remarkably well placing anywhere between 2nd and 6th. He placed 3rd in the city final on Monday at Beacon Hill Park. We celebrated with ice cream!
3. Brittany had her first choir concert last week. She did very well and the choir sounds great. I've heard something about a choir trip to Italy, France or somewhere expensive for next year. I hope she does it. It will be a great experience for her. She's enjoying her first job and continues to be affirmed by her employer.
4. Barb celebrated her birthday yesterday. She turned 26 .... again.... Her parents are visiting for the week and it's nice to have them here, especially for Barb's birthday.
5. My carpet is here and in the office. Pictures will follow as soon as I can have Brittany come and take some better ones. I am in Vancouver for a few days. I'm attending a conference for a few days and speaking at a lunch meeting on Thursday as well. I'm excited about the conference and will write about it tomorrow.