Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 Years Forward, 5 Years Back

This is part of an email I received today from Keith Cameron Smith. I hope you enjoy it.

How fast did the last five years go by????? How fast are the next five years going to pass? The next five years will go by just as fast and may even seem faster than the last five. Our life is but a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Another way to say it is that our life is but the blink of an eye in the scope of eternity. If a tiny little bird were to pick up a single grain of sand in his beak from the beach on the east coast and fly it all the way to the west coast and leave it there and then fly all the way back to the beach on the east coast for another grain of sand to take back to the west coast and he kept doing this until all the sand from the east was transported to the west and then moved it all back again, then that would be one second of eternity.

Life is short. Shorter than we can imagine. I am only 37 years old but several years ago I made a wise decision to spend time with and learn from very successful men and women who are 20to 30 years older than me so I could compress time and add more life to my years.Adding years to your life is a great goal but adding life to your years is even better.

No comments: