Thursday, June 02, 2016

Across The Country - Good to Go in BC

It’s been an incredible spring!  After 20+ years of pastoral ministry my heart has been captured anew with the opportunity to serve leaders inside the walls of the BC Legislature.  Each day as I walked up the front steps and though the big wooden doors my sense of anticipation grew with another chance to be salt and light.  Every day was a new adventure. 

Apart from celebrating our 10th Annual Prayer Breakfast with almost 30 members in attendance, I am most excited about what I see happening at our regular Thursday Prayer Gathering.   We have members from both sides attending and it’s easy to see that God is up to something in the lives of our leaders. There is a genuine sense of God’s presence at work in our midst.  

One of the stealthier ways I've been able to have an impact is through being asked to write the morning prayer for several members.  It’s been fun to hear them prayed and to know that God is hearing because leaders are asking!  

The most important part of my work is connecting with members in a meaningful way.  Pray with me that God will open the right doors at the right time into the right lives. This is always our most important and pressing need.


It has also been very encouraging to have friends, family and ministry partners visit the legislature to gain a better understanding of how we serve. Please let me know if you are interested in seeing what we do and I’ll work with you to make it happen!

Jason Goertzen

No comments: