Sunday, August 13, 2006

Counting the Days and Making them Count!

We are returning home to our future. Establishing and launching this ministry is something that I've been looking forward to for a long time and our return from vacation marks the beginning of the next steps in moving it forward.

There have been some surprises on the journey. Some disappointments, some pain, some rest and a lot of reflection. This has been far more work than what I thought it would be, but then again, the only time that success comes before work is in the dictionary. Laying an organizational foundation, a relational foundation and building a network of supporters has been harder than I thought it would be. In the end, this will be worth it and the price paid in order to make it happen will be very rewarding.

Joseph, Daniel and even Esther spent a lot of time getting ready to fulfill what it was God was calling them to do even though they didn't know it. In the last few days, I've spent a lot of time thinking about the value of now. Fleetwood Mac sang "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow" and that's important, but seeing the value in now is priceless too.

I saw a great sign yesterday that said "Don't count the days. Make the days count." It reminded me to get focused and stay focused on the things that matter most in every part of my life.

Hope it inspires you too!

Tim

No comments: