Monday, October 27, 2008

Life... Unplugged...

The screen on my Blackberry is blank with nothing but a 'reset' button. When I highlight it and push the button, the screen goes black, the red light comes on, the screen flickers and then nothing but a blank screen. It happens again and again and again and again... My phone is the victim of a JVM error.

I am approaching 24 hours without the use of my phone. Every so often my leg senses the vibration of an incoming email, but it's really just a phantom vibration, there is no email, there is no phone... I had a spare phone set aside for moments like these. A phone that I could use in times of trouble, but when I went to the special place I put it, it wasn't there...

So here I am, unplugged in a wired world. This is probably more of an opportunity than I realize and while I'll need to wait for a new phone, there's this possibility that I may find 'rest' for my soul. It may even be that I might come to enjoy the quiet that comes from being unplugged.

My friends who have known me for some time will know that I may begin to exhibit 'withdrawal' symptoms, but that too may be good for me as I find freedom from my 'crackberry'.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, it's because I may have gone completely cold turkey. I'll be back.... I'm sure of it, but hopefully in a better more balanced kind of way. In the meantime, pray for me that the email spiders don't start crawling all over me....

No comments: