Monday, October 27, 2008

(PUSH) Praying Until Something Happens

I heard the term 'microburst' for the first time about 12 years ago. I can still say it the way the speaker did. (MIcro BURst, but you have hold your throat like you are about to cough, and then push hard with your voice... If your throat tickles after you've said it, you've got it just right....)
I'd probably heard the word before then, but about 2 years ago, the town I grew up in in Nothern Ontario actually experienced a microburst. Without warning a powerful windstorm uprooted trees, destroyed buildings and damaged many others. Here are some pictures to give you a sense of the power of the storm.


This was called the 'sand dome'. It's where they stored sand to spread on the roads in winter.

That's the 'sand dome' in the background. The trees looked they were mowed down.

This is the Natural Resources building. Remarkably no one was killed or injured in the storm.




Today was day 13 in the Civic Election Prayer Campaign that we are leading through PrayBC. I've been reflecting on what can happen as we stand together on this. I know that God responds to unity, and I know that God responds to His people when they pray. It seems to me that the combination of Unity and Prevailing Prayer set up the right conditions for a 'Prayer Storm' that could have a tremendous effect in every community in BC.

I'm certainly not in favor of disaster and damage taking place in the natural realm, but at the same time, I am longing to see something spectacular happen as a result of what has become hundreds of people praying all across BC that God would use this Civic Election for His purpose in every village, town and city across our magnificent Province.

Keep praying... something very amazing is going to happen...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Microburst. Hee, hee. Good times, good times.