Thursday, April 20, 2006

I was just on a road trip for work. There aren't a lot of things to do in a small town in Alberta at the best of times, (especially after 6 on a Tuesday) so I took the time to catch up on some reading. I've been wading through Jeremiah lately and got it finished off this week. In a nutshell, Jeremiah is about the people of God going into a time of suffering and exile because of their constant wandering from the principles and plan of God for their lives. That sounds like a downer, but the book is also about God's great love for His people because the heartache and hardship was not so much about punishment as it was about restoration and re-alignment. That's the really cool thing about God's love. He never quits, gives up on us or writes us off. Instead He is constantly at work to bring us back to a place of intimacy with Him. That's the real story of Jeremiah. In the midst of all the crud that the people endure, there's this constant message from God saying "I've got a plan for you that is better than what you see right now and as you get re-connected with me, I will bring to reality."

I've been going through my own journey of "finding my feet" again as I prepare to launch into something new and fresh in terms of ministry. It's been an exciting journey as I'm re-discovering spiritual passion and purpose in my life. As the journey goes on, I'm seeing what God promises in Jeremiah become reality in my life. There's an amazing "hope and future" just around the corner that aligns with the vision and dreams that God has planted in my life in the area of leadership chaplaincy. This has been a wonderful opportunity to rethink, re-tool and refresh and I'm glad to have had it.

No comments: