Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Orderly Snow Melt Continues

I smiled to myself when I heard the leading story on CJNL's (NL Radio) major newscast at 7:30 this morning. Apparently the higher than normal snowpack is melting in an orderly fashion. I'm not surprised for several reasons. First of all people all across the province are praying to stop a flood in the Fraser Valley. While we'd all prefer warmer weather, those of us who are praying recognize that a cool spring ensures there will be no flood. Secondly, the bible talks about the "treasures (storehouses) of snow" in Job 38:22. I think the Lord is managing the snowpack remarkably well and I fully expect that the river will be staying within it's banks.

God is good. Watch for a personal update over the next few days on some stuff happening here at home. It's all good!

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the cool springs are a blessing for sure! From what I understand the reason for the Great Flood of 1894 was a long, snowy winter followed by a cool spring - then a very hot spell in late May.

I have been a little confused about the apocalyptic Fraser River flood predictions since most of the
record snowpack
is not in the Fraser River Basin. But I guess with hot spring the flood risk would have been quite high.

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Hey, you didn't leave any room for us to "give you our thoughts" on that quote in your previous post.